Friday, July 08, 2011

Best die rolling method evah!

So we gathered to play last night. As is often the case, I forgot my dice. On occasions like this, I will usually borrow die from someone else. As most of us are aware, gamers like their dice. Lots and lots of dice. It is said some even do it for the dice.


I don't do it for the dice. But I do need dice. So I asked if anyone had any die to spare. Mark tossed me some. So, reclining in a rather comfortable, cushioned and fluffy chair, we began to game. As the night wore on, I felt less and less inclined to sit up, reach over to the table. pick up a die and roll it. It seemed like an immense amount of trouble for so little return.  

The first thing I did was to have my character avoid actions which might require me to roll any die. I even had my character sleep, a lot.



As you can guess, this can be managed, though one essentially removes oneself from the game.  For a cleric, this can be difficult. Anyway, I hung back, cast a lot of spells, let everyone roll their own healing etc. Eventually I had to roll a die though.

So this is what I did. I was looking at the spine of the PHB when Steve asked me for a spot check. I thought to myself, I really don't want to move. That die is really really far away. And in that split second I noticed the numbers on the spine and added them up.

"16"

I did not move the rest of the night.

Neat dice

No comments:

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...