Friday, September 20, 2013

Tires to Hell!

It looks like Polaris has met an US Army Special Forces request for airless tires. They have delivered the first of these all terrain tires to the SF and plan to launch a retail version of it soon. These suckers can take a shot from a 50 caliber round or a railroad spike driven into it. That's a pretty good recommendation if you ask me.

Heck I picked up a nail in the marshaling yard at Gencon on Sunday and had to change the truck tire in about 15 minutes or risk loosing my place in line. With this polaris tire I could shot my tires with a nail gun and I'm still good to go.

I like it when science, technology and engineering make something useful to everyone . . . well me mostly, but everyone is cool too!


1 comment:

Philo Pharynx said...

These tires have been around for a while. Apparently they work well, but they are very noisy at highway speeds.

Gygaxian Fantasy Worlds: An Introduction

For several weeks now, we’ve been hyping up the Gygaxian Fantasy World series on various platforms, Facebook, X, Instagram, and Twitch. It ...